Blogs > Nascar: Beyond the Track

Find out what's really going on in NASCAR. Look here to find out why your driver really lost his ride, or the real reason those two drivers can't stand each other. Learn about the hidden motives and reasons for the things that happen in NASCAR, from the drivers to the team owners.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Meth charges are latest death nail in career, legacy of Jeremy Mayfield


Regarding Jeremy Mayfield, who was arrested on meth charges this week amid his battle against NASCAR over whether he is a drug addict or was framed, I am just left shaking my head.
I really wanted to believe his conspiracy theory, because I know how NASCAR treated Tim Richmond back in the day regarding a drug test. But it's now pretty clear to me: Mayfield was not a victim; he was, and is, an addict, or at least that's what the evidence would indicate.
The truth will come out in trial (and he swears he was framed), but it's clear that all is not as Mayfield would have you believe. The evidence has been there all along in my mind, especially after the wild goose chase he led the drug test givers a couple years back. (See http://bit.ly/tEcMFW for the hilarious details on that whole mess)

This is a guy who had it all; and, it appears, he gave it all up due to an addiction On one hand, I feel bad for him. On the other hand, I think he's a bit of an idiot for doing so. I recognize addiction as a disease, but at some point you have to take responsibility for your actions and figure out a way to clean up. Now, his battle with NASCAR is the least of his worries.

I once knew Mayfield as the guy who bumped Dale Earnhardt out of the way at Pocono to win the race and a lot of fans; or the guy scraped his way into the Chase on some gutsy runs late in the season.
Now I know him as a guy who threw his career away for drugs; and that's the legacy that will stick.

Become a fan of the Facebook page NASCARBeyond


Follow me on Twitter:

1 Comments:

Blogger kparadise3 said...

This would mean that he's been a meth addict for a few years now. But he doesn't look like one. His face has color, his eyes aren't sunk into his face. His face is full, his teeth are all in place.
You can see a meth addict from a mile away. Mayfield does not look like one. It just makes no sense.

November 8, 2011 at 9:52 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home