DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – The Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup field was officially set following Saturday night’s NASCAR Sprint Cup SeriesTM regular season finale at Richmond International Raceway®. Now, until 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, Sept. 14, sports fans can log on to NASCAR.com/Grid to predict how they think the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup will transpire by filling out the PERFECT CHASE GRID CHALLENGE.
Entrants can achieve the “perfect grid” – and a chance to win $100,000 – by accurately selecting each driver who will advance through the different stages of the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup. They will also need to accurately predict the four drivers who will compete in the Championship RoundTM at Homestead-Miami Speedway, including who will be crowned the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion™ and the finishing positions of the three runner ups.
NASCAR.com’s other prediction game, CHASE GRIDTM BATTLE, is also now live at NASCAR.com/Grid. In the CHASE GRID BATTLE, fans will still predict which drivers they think will advance through the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, but one round at a time. Points will be accumulated based on the number of correct picks and the correct ranking amongst advancing drivers. Prizes will be awarded to four individual round winners, as well as the top three overall.
In addition to the Chase Grid games, NASCAR Digital Media will also offer enhanced race coverage and additional updates across the digital platform during the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup.
New Live Leaderboards
NASCAR.com has launched brand new interactive live leaderboards just in time for the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup. New live leaderboard capabilities include:
· New Design – Easy-to-follow layout for a more enjoyable race day, second screen experience
· Customized Leaderboard – Fans may select and pin their drivers to the top or create their very own leaderboard with the just the drivers they want to follow
· New Data Feed from Race Control – Raw data feeds from practice, qualifying and the race let fans experience the live events from the Officials’ points of view
· Full National Series Coverage – Coverage includes events across all three NASCAR national series
NASCAR.com will provide fans with live streaming options for several events throughout the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, including:
· A live chat with Miss Sprint Cup and all 16 Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup drivers from Chase Media Day in Chicago from 2 – 5 p.m. ET thisThursday
· Live stream of Chase Grid Live, a live show featuring all 16 Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup drivers, on Thursday following Chase Media Day from 6 – 7:30 p.m. ET
· Live stream of Contender Media Day taking place at the NASCAR Hall of Fame the week heading into the Contender Round
· Live stream of Eliminator Media Day taking place at the NASCAR Hall of Fame the week heading in to the Eliminator Round
· Live stream of Championship Media Day on Wednesday, Nov. 12 from Trump National Doral Miami
· Live post-race show from Homestead-Miami Speedway after the 2014 Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Champion is crowned
NASCAR MOBILE And NASCAR RACEVIEW® MOBILE Apps
Premium content for both official NASCAR apps is now available to fans at a deep discount during the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup:
· $5.99 Chase Pass for the remainder of the 2014 season
· New “Chase Standings” section, which includes the new Chase Grid that highlights each driver as they attempt to advance through each round of the 2014 NASCAR Chase for the Sprint Cup
· Updated live leaderboard will feature additional Chase indicators and highlights for each eligible Chase driver
· All new 2014 Manufacturer Standings
NASCAR RACEVIEW MOBILE:
· $9.99 Chase Pass for the remainder of the season
· All new Chase Grid will feature each round for the 2014 NASCAR Chase for the Sprint Cup
· Updated 3D versions of the Chase cars on-track each week
· Chase indicators will be incorporated throughout the app and live leaderboard
Download or update to the newest version of both NASCAR apps in order to receive these new features. Sprint customers on an unlimited data plan will receive access to all Live Premium features at no additional cost.