Blogs > Nascar: Beyond the Track

Find out what's really going on in NASCAR. Look here to find out why your driver really lost his ride, or the real reason those two drivers can't stand each other. Learn about the hidden motives and reasons for the things that happen in NASCAR, from the drivers to the team owners.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Kyle Busch, Denny Hamlin and other drivers offer their Super Bowl picks

CLINT BOWYER, No. 15 5-hour ENERGY Toyota Camry, Michael Waltrip Racing
What is your prediction for the Big Game?
"Man, I'm not one to be a huge sporting fan, but what happened in those playoff games is just incredible for any kind of sport.  If you're a sports fan at all, you surely enjoyed those playoff games.  They were definitely entertaining right up until the end of the game.  I don't know how you can pick a favorite.  I think the 49ers were extremely strong and had some things go their way just like you have to have to win a championship in any kind of sport.  Certainly, the Ravens are full of confidence and momentum and had some things go their way as well.  Man, I'm telling you it's going to be one heck of a game.  And, oh by the way, I'm going down to watch it."

KYLE BUSCH, No. 18 M&M's Toyota Camry, Joe Gibbs Racing
Who do you like in the Big Game?
"What's weird is that it's two teams that to me, they don't spark an interest like the Broncos would or the Chicago Bears would or the Patriots would for me.  They are two teams that are almost two forgotten teams.  It's kind of unique that you get
those two in a Super Bowl, which is cool and also having the brotherly rivalry going on there -- I know what that's like.
That's cool, but if I had to pick one -- it's a tough one to pick, but I like the 49ers."

DENNY HAMLIN, No. 11 FedEx Toyota Camry, Joe Gibbs Racing
What team do you like in the Big Game?
"San Francisco.  They're just, I think, the better defensive team.  I think the coach is slightly better -- everything is slightly better.  The quarterback is dangerous on San Francisco."

MATT KENSETH, No. 20 Dollar General Toyota Camry, Joe Gibbs Racing
Who will win the Big Game?
"You know, I think the Super Bowl could go either way.  I guess I'd probably have to stick with the NFC though and go with the 49ers.  I think that (Colin) Kaepernick adds another element to the game and he's going to be tough to stop.  But man, the Ravens are looking good too.  I think it's -- you never know what's going to happen.  Obviously, it's a game, but I think it could be a pretty entertaining game."

MARTIN TRUEX JR., No. 56 NAPA Auto Parts Toyota Camry, Michael Waltrip Racing
What is your Big Game prediction?
"I just hope it's a good game.  I don't have a dog in this fight so a good game would be my vote.  Hopefully, something comes right down to the end so we can enjoy it all night long.  San Francisco has been pretty impressive.  My buddy, David Akers, is their kicker and so I was excited to see him get the opportunity to go to the Super Bowl.  It's been a few years since
he's went, so I'd like to see him win.  I'd like to see him -- he doesn't have a Super Bowl ring and he's been close a few times.  It would be cool to see him get that."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home