Blogs > Nascar: Beyond the Track

Find out what's really going on in NASCAR. Look here to find out why your driver really lost his ride, or the real reason those two drivers can't stand each other. Learn about the hidden motives and reasons for the things that happen in NASCAR, from the drivers to the team owners.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Boris Said is the man; too bad he's not around every week

In a day full of highlights at Watkins Glen on Monday, perhaps the most interesting was the almost fight between Greg Biffle and Boris Said, and the war of words afterward.

I freely admit that I've always been a big Boris Said fan. He's a great racer, a great personality, and well, he has really cool hair.

Anyway, Said dropped some jewels after the race, threatening to go to Biffle's house and give him "a freaking whooping" on Wednesday (though I'm not sure why Tuesday wasn't chosen, but that's beside the point.) He also called Biffle a scaredy cat, which is a word I haven't heard used since I was 10, and that made me laugh even more.

Luckily, Mrs. Biffle didn't have to call the police, as the two men spoke this week and hashed out their differences ... kind of. At the very least, there won't be any skirmishes this week.
"We had a long talk and I think we're okay. Maybe now we'll be lovers, not fighters," Said said.

But Said insisted he wasn't joking; unlike some other driver threats, he was honestly ready to put a whoopin on the Biff.
"If I could have gotten to him (after the race), I'd have beat his ass. It's a good thing I didn't get to him. I had a bunch of people text me his address, and I would probably have been over there if he hadn't called me."

That's why I like Boris ... we need that kind of attitude and spirit in Cup. He wants to do well and isn't going to take any crap from other drivers. Too bad he's never really made it too far outside of road courses, as I'd love to see him around every week.

Become a fan of the Facebook page NASCARBeyond


Follow me on Twitter:

1 Comments:

Anonymous mrclause said...

Just wonderin. Think maybe Boris would actually be taken a bit more seriously had he taken off his helmet? Big bad Boris, NOT!

August 19, 2011 at 9:23 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home